App so slow - needs constant restarting

Darcypedro
Darcypedro Member
edited May 16 in Camera & App

Does anyone know how to make the app less slow? Mine currently needs constant restarting as every time in open it the video is blurry, the breathing monitor doesn’t show and I can’t access the nightlight/white noise. Really inconvenient when trying to access the camera or nightlight quickly. Please help!

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Darcypedro,

Thanks for taking the time to share your issue so we can provide you with some guidance. Could you answer the following questions listed below so we can better assist you:

1. What phone device you're using and what OS version you're running on your phone device?
    2. Have you tried power cycling your camera?
    3. While power cycling, have you tried reinstalling the Nanit app and rebooting your phone device?

We hope to hear from you soon and please provide any other troubleshooting steps so far that you have tried out.

• Hi there

1. IOS 15.4.1 - The most up to date version.
    2. What do you mean by power cycling?

Many thanks

• NanitJessica

@Darcypedro - I'm so sorry for missing this response from you. I've also moved your newest post onto this post.

When you power cycle the camera, this means to try removing the camera from the stand and unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes. Then re-attach the camera back on the stand and let it boot back up.

Let me know if power cycling does help or not. And try reinstalling the Nanit app on your iOS device to see if that may also help too. You can also refer to this article to learn how to improve your Nanit's connection as well: How do I improve my Nanit's connection?

• Hi, I have tried power cycling and it has not worked. Please can you provide some support?

• Also I’m not sure why you have combined these posts because they are two separate issues ie 1. The app being extremely slow and 2. The camera switching itself off and on.

Please can you separate my posts again?

• NanitJessica

@Darcypedro,

No problem, I'll keep your posts separated. The camera switches on and off on this thread: Nanit switching on and off.

In regards to your app being slow and needing to constantly restart, could you provide what other troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? Have you reinstalled the Nanit app? Have you tried it on a different device?

• Darcypedro
    Darcypedro Member
    edited May 16

Thank you. I have tried everything you’ve told me too. I’ve restarted the app, I’ve uninstalled it and reinstalled. I can’t use another device because I only have one mobile phone?

• NanitJessica

@Darcypedro,

Thanks for trying out the troubleshooting steps that I provided here. What I did is created a ticket for you so the support team can look into the problem you're experiencing with the Nanit app. They'll reach out to you via email once they finish reviewing your ticket!