Where is the new video history feature?

The app update in the iOS store and the app itself gave us a notification about it, but we cannot find how to access it. We have the "Insights Premium" subscription which from the description should have it. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Mackenzie
    Mackenzie Member, Nanit Team

Hi @Brian, thanks for posting - you do have access to our new Video History feature! With your Insights Premium Subscription, you will be able to rewind and rewatch 2 full days of continuous video (Insights Ultimate includes 7 days of Video History).

To access Video History, tap the three-dot menu at the top right of the Nanit app home screen. Once you have opened Video History, you will see the video in the top section, and a vertical timeline in the bottom section. You can press play, skip +-10 seconds, or scroll the vertical timeline to reach a desired day/time.

You can read more about Video History in our support article. Let me know if you have any other questions, and I hope you enjoy!

• Brian
    Brian Member

Thank you, I must have missed the location of where to find it in the app notification. I see it now. We rarely if ever go into the ellipsis menu so it was easy to miss without any kind of red dot or other GUI breadcrumb inviting you to click it to find something new. :)

If I may provide some feedback, it feels like the 'activity' pivot would be another natural entry point to find this feature. Also, my wife has very much wanted a way to "save a clip" of something our son did while in his crib which was a first or just cute to replay. I don't see one in this new UI, but is there any consideration being given to add a "save 30 second clip" button that maybe saves from the current point you're viewing?

Thanks again.

• Mackenzie

Hi @Brian - this is great feedback and something I will share with our product team. We are actively working on for an update to the new Video History feature to expand functionality so this is definitely helpful - thank you!

• Brian
    Brian Member
    edited January 7

@Mackenzie , is it expected an iPad and an up-to-date app has only these options? Video history and rotate video seem to be missing from the menu. Same behavior in landscape and portrait orientations.

• Mackenzie

Hey @Brian - if your iPad app is up to date (and the iPad is on iOS 13 or later), you should be able to access these options. I created a support ticket for this so our team can investigate further. We will be in touch soon!

-Mackenzie

• Brian
    Brian Member

Well, support just confirmed Video History is not supported on iPads which is why it is missing from the menu. That’s too bad 😕 but now I don’t feel so bad for being unable to find the feature.