Does anyone else have an issue with battery drain?

Frankie
Frankie Member
edited May 31 in Camera & App

I've seen a number of discussions about connectivity issues, but does anyone else have a problem with the app draining your battery? I've noticed that while I'm using the app, my battery just dumps. My sister has an app based monitor, (not Nanit) and she doesn't seem to have this issue or the connectivity issues either. Would this be a developer problem that can be fixed via a software update?

Tagged:

Answers

• @Frankie This doesn't sound like expected behavior so I've passed this along to our support team - they will reach out to you so they can collect some additional details and hopefully we can identify a way to keep the app from draining your battery so quickly!

• Cncasco
    Cncasco Member

@NanitMelanie hi! I have this same issue, are there any fixes? Thanks

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Cncasco,

Thanks for letting us know you're also experiencing the issue with the Nanit app draining the battery. We'd like to get more information from you about this. Could you answer the following question below so we can assist you better:

• What phone device are you using?
    • What phone OS version are you running?
    • What app version are you running on your phone device? And are you using Breathing Motion Monitoring?
    • When running the app, how fast would you say the battery is draining on your phone device?
    • Have you tried restarting your phone device and/or uninstall and reinstall the Nanit app?

Hope to hear from you soon so we can further help you out!

• Dllipp
    Dllipp Member

Same exact issue. Drained my battery to 0% in the middle of the night.

and it’s all backgrounds activity

• NanitJessica
    edited March 11

Hi @Dllipp,

Thanks for sharing that you're also having some battery drain from your iPhone and sharing a screenshot. We'd like to get more information from you about this.

Are you using Breathing Motion Monitoring? If so, this can possibly drain the battery as using the Breathing Motion Monitoring in the background means the app is running, connected to camera and receiving updates every second.

We look forward to hearing from you!

• Jascanlan
    Jascanlan Member

I’m also having this issue is there a fix for this or a setting that can be changed?

• NanitJessica

Hey @Jascanlan,

Thanks for posting here. Could you share a screenshot of where your phone is draining from the Nanit app?

And are you using the Breathing Motion Montioring? Also, provide any other troubleshooting steps you have tried out so far so we can assist you better.

• MomKS
    MomKS Member

Hi, I’m having the same issue. Are there any fixes?

• Frankie
    Frankie Member

Would it help battery drain to use a Kindle or tablet instead? As a feature of the Nanit, we of course use the breathing monitor through the night, (all naps really), which causes huge battery drain. Also, even when I turn the app off, it automatically turns back on and drains. My main concern is a dead phone at night and not hearing the baby or having a dead phone if we have to leave someplace.

• NanitJessica

Hi @MomKS,

Using Breathing Motion Monitoring or running the live stream from the Nanit app in the foreground or background could potentially drain the battery as it is constantly getting updates from the camera.

We'll share your feedback with the product team to have some performance improvement for the Nanit app.

Hey @Frankie,

You mentioned that the Nanit app will turn on automatically on its own. Have you tried force closing the app? You can also try rebooting your phone device and see if that helps from the Nanit app automatically turning on.

If you still have issues, try uninstalling the Nanit app, rebooting your phone device, and reinstalling the app to see if that helps.