Does anyone else have an issue with battery drain?

I've seen a number of discussions about connectivity issues, but does anyone else have a problem with the app draining your battery? I've noticed that while I'm using the app, my battery just dumps. My sister has an app based monitor, (not Nanit) and she doesn't seem to have this issue or the connectivity issues either. Would this be a developer problem that can be fixed via a software update?

Comments

• @Frankie This doesn't sound like expected behavior so I've passed this along to our support team - they will reach out to you so they can collect some additional details and hopefully we can identify a way to keep the app from draining your battery so quickly!

• Cncasco
    Cncasco Member

@NanitMelanie hi! I have this same issue, are there any fixes? Thanks

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Cncasco,

Thanks for letting us know you're also experiencing the issue with the Nanit app draining the battery. We'd like to get more information from you about this. Could you answer the following question below so we can assist you better:

• What phone device are you using?
    • What phone OS version are you running?
    • What app version are you running on your phone device? And are you using Breathing Motion Monitoring?
    • When running the app, how fast would you say the battery is draining on your phone device?
    • Have you tried restarting your phone device and/or uninstall and reinstall the Nanit app?

Hope to hear from you soon so we can further help you out!

• Dllipp
    Dllipp Member

Same exact issue. Drained my battery to 0% in the middle of the night.

and it’s all backgrounds activity

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team
    edited March 11

Hi @Dllipp,

Thanks for sharing that you're also having some battery drain from your iPhone and sharing a screenshot. We'd like to get more information from you about this.

Are you using Breathing Motion Monitoring? If so, this can possibly drain the battery as using the Breathing Motion Monitoring in the background means the app is running, connected to camera and receiving updates every second.

We look forward to hearing from you!