Support for different iPad app formats - Picture-in-Picture

Liam
Liam Member
edited April 13 in Camera & App

I wondered if there was a plan to support different iPad app formats? I.e. not just full screen all the time. Specifically I’d like the ability to support PIP and other modes to use additional experiences/other apps at the same time as viewing my son in the Nanit app.

Do you folks plan this functionality anytime soon?

Tagged:

Comments

• Brian
    Brian Member

This would be a nice feature addition.

• Any plans to add the ios feature of picture in picture to the app? it would be nice to have the video feed on screen, and still be able to browse the web and and do other things on my device.

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team
    edited February 25

Hi @BillSavage PIP is an enhancement that our product team is looking into - I know how helpful it would be especially since I am a bit multitasker on my phone. I have a meeting coming up this week and hope to have some additional details to share about new features to expect this year! Stay tuned... Thanks, Bill

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team
    edited February 25

Hi @BillSavage following up - I chatted with our product team and PIP is indeed on the roadmap to be released in 2022.

• Mikeyeah
    Mikeyeah Member
    edited April 13

Hi Nanit,

Can i suggest you create a Picture in Picture feature for IOS, as this would be massively handy to users, if they could continue to watch the video whilst performing another activities on their phone!

• This is great news!! Split screen and pip are much needed. We just had our 2nd and have 2 cams. Would love to monitor both on same device.

• Rahul
    Rahul Member

It would be great to run video in pip so that you can surf the web while watching baby. Other video apps have this on iOS