Red IR lights come on when plugged in but the button doesn't do anything

Ummmyeah
Ummmyeah Member
edited September 1 in Camera & App

This is the title to an original thread that was closed in July. I am having the exact same problem and have tried ALL the posted solutions. Nothing has worked and both of our cameras encountered the exact issue at the exact same time. This started yesterday August 30th over night. They were both working fine when we put the kids to sleep, when I check on the cameras on my way to work (around 4am) neither were working. Both showed the same “troubleshoot” option. Trying to find a solution I stumbled on the thread I mentioned. Again, I used the same title hoping it would make it a bit easier for support in finding a solution.

Answers

• I have firmware 23.1.19 by the way. It’s set to auto-update so I am not sure when this was completed.

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Ummmyeah,

Thanks for posting on the community. Could you let us know the following information so we can assist you further?

• What Nanit cameras do you have?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you tried out so far?
      • Have you tried power cycling your cameras by removing the camera from the stand, unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes, and then re-attaching the camera back on the stand?
  • Hello,

I believe you were the one to post a proposed solution on the old thread. I followed exactly that suggestion. I also reset the router and the app during this process, as suggested. I’ve had issues in the past and normally a reset works. However, this time it did nothing and the buttons on the Nanit also do nothing. I have the original Nanit, not the new pro version. If you need a model number, could you assist in how to get that?

Thanks,

Daniel

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

@Ummmyeah,

Thanks for the reply back. Thanks for listing all the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. Since you've already tried resetting your Nanit Plus Camera, I've created a ticket for the support team to assist you further with this. They should respond to you through your ticket via email as soon as they can!