Why is the sound/ microphone not working on my Nanit?

Sleepymom247
Sleepymom247 Member
edited August 18 in Camera & App

I put my son down for bed and the nature sounds we’re playing fine. About halfway through the night he woke up and it was no longer playing. I tried unplugging for a minute and plugging back in. Doing a hard reset. Uninstalling and installing the app. Reconnecting to our wifi and everything inbetween and nothing. Neither my microphone or nature sounds are working. The Nanit is not out putting any sound. However the camera works just fine. Please help!

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Sleepymom247,

Thanks for posting on the community. Be sure that your Nanit camera is not too far from your router. Try to power cycle your router and modem as this might help it out. You can do this by unplugging your router and modem from the wall outlet - be sure that the connection lights have stopped blinking. After 10 seconds, plug each item back into the wall outlet. Give it a few minutes for it to reboot back up and for your camera to recognize the router again.

• Hello, we have had the Nanit for just under 2 years and have never had an issue, or router and modem have stayed in the same space. I did try this and it still is not working. The camera works and I can hear him through it. But it is not producing any sound.

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team
    edited August 18

@Sleepymom247,

Thanks for the quick reply back and for trying out that troubleshooting step. From looking at our system, it seems like you have an existing ticket with the support team and they provided some troubleshooting steps to try out. They'll respond back to you after they finish reviewing your ticket.

I'll let them know that you have tried rebooting your router and modem as well so they don't provide that as the following troubleshooting steps for you.