False red alerts?

Tuma1390
Tuma1390 Member

Hello,

Last night we had 2 red alerts about 5 hours apart. Both times we went into the room and he was still breathing, but in a deeper sleep. How do we know if these were actual events of no breathing vs false alarms? It scared us to death and don't want it to happen again!

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Tuma1390,

Thanks for posting on the community and letting us know. If you received false red alerts, make sure that the pattern is completely visible to the Nanit camera. You can read here to learn more on how to ensure proper breathing motion monitoring: What are some tips to ensure accurate monitoring of my baby's breathing motion?

You can also notify the false red alert by tapping on "Report False Alert" so the team can review what led to the false alert. You can learn more about reporting false alerts here: How can I report false alerts?

• I had a false alert last night, at least it appears to be one. There is report button and when I go to review event it says ‘no video available’. Very concerned that I can’t investigate the issue.

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Stephanie831,

It looks like you already contacted the support team in regards to the false red alert that you have received. Heads up that they'll respond to your ticket via email as soon as they can!