Nanit not recording data and says away

go2sleeppls
go2sleeppls Member
edited August 15 in Camera & App

Our Nanit has been recently not recoding data and has long periods of away when the baby is sleeping in the crib. The camera is positioned in the middle of the crib with no obstructions. Any ideas what the issue is?

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @go2sleeppls,

Thanks for posting on the community. You may want to try adjusting the positioning of your camera and the motion sensitivity to be sure it is detecting properly. You can read here to learn how: Customizing notification settings.

• Hi Jessica,

I tried adjusting the camera coverage and it still says “away” from 9:09pm to 6:30am and is grayed out. Any other ideas?

• NanitJessica

@go2sleeppls,

Have you tried power cycling your Nanit camera to see if that might help? You can do this by removing the camera from the stand and unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes. Then re-attach the camera back on the stand and let it boot back up.

• Hi Jessica,

I did a hard reset and the Nanit didn’t pick up any data last night. It was away for the entire night. I also find that when I go into to look at crib position it isn’t set to where I saved it last. Any ideas?

• go2sleeppls
    go2sleeppls Member
    edited August 16

Now the Nanit is not recording any data. It logs activities and streams live but there is no sleep data or events. Please advise how to fix this.

• My Nanit started doing the same thing last night. It shows my baby is awake when he is sleeping. We turned his mobile on for the first time so I think it’s picking up that movement instead of baby. ?

• NanitJessica

@go2sleeppls,

From looking at our system, it looks like you've already reached out to the support team about the issue you're experiencing. It looks like they have already responded to your ticket via email so try out the troubleshooting steps they've provided and let them know if you're still having problems or not so they can further help you.

Hi @stephniccole,

Make sure that the mobile is not in the way of your Nanit camera as that could show false detection. You can read here to learn how to position better: Crib positioning & camera placement.