False red Alerts

Alanismom
Alanismom Member

I have had 3 False red alerts today alone, each time i am watching the monitor and her breaths are around 37-38 breaths per minute yet the nanit sets off the red alert! This is extremely stressful because these issues only seemed to pop up today, nanit app insisted that I install an update a day or two ago so i am wondering if there is some bug with the update???

Tagged:

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Alanismom,

Thanks for posting here. The Nanit App recent update shouldn't cause any problems to have false red alerts Be sure to report these false red alerts so our team is aware of this: How can I report false alerts?

And to be sure your Breathing Motion Monitoring is working properly, read this article to make sure you can avoid any false red alerts: How can I ensure proper Breathing Motion Monitoring?

You can also try power cycling your Nanit camera to see if that may help by removing the camera from the stand, unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes, and then re-attaching the camera back on the stand letting it boot back up. While the camera is power cycling, uninstall the Nanit app, reboot your phone device, and reinstall the Nanit app.