Insight subscription (REGRET BIG TIME)

Gee
Gee Member

Started using Nanit Camera (full set) since my first born. We were generally happy with it so decided to use it again for my newborn. We also got the 2nd camera for another room. Both cameras for the same baby. One of the cameras is subscribed to Insights and I just realised the 2nd didn’t have Insights. I asked and was told I need to individually subscribe again for the 2nd camera. Now this news is mind blowing!

The cameras aren’t cheap to begin with and also the USD125 for Insight subscription. Is this how you are rewarding repeat loyal user? Asking to pay another USD 125?!

If I had known this earlier I wouldn’t get another camera and will definitely not recommend this baby monitor to my peers. I will do exactly that starting now! It’s too much of a rip off.

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Gee,

Thanks for posting on the community. Because the data being captured by each camera is unique, Insights will be specific to each camera. We understand Nanit is a big investment, which is why we offer a free year of our Basic Insights plan with each camera purchase, whether it’s your first camera or you have multiple. If you had your camera for more than a year, then you will need to purchase an Insights subscription for the camera.

However, even without an Insights subscription, you will still be able to use Nanit’s camera and access its live stream whenever your camera is connected to your WiFi or router. You’ll also be able to use Nanit’s nightlight and nature sounds/white noise. You can also read more here about what other features are available without Insights: Can I still use Nanit without an Insights subscription?

You mentioned that you have chatted with the support team about this matter so I have also asked the support team to review your ticket and to look into this further to see if they can provide any further information in regards to this.