Feature Request: Press to Talk - Don't Mute

AllenCCopelandJr
edited August 17 in Camera & App

Hi,

If there's a better way to do this, please inform me. I wanted to make a feature request with the nanit camera.

You have the microphone option that is 'press to talk'. Sometimes when my wife is trying to console our baby, I may try to press and talk to speak to her. She's over 80ft away, and there are multiple walls between us.

Since you completely mute the audio when the button is pressed it makes it impossible to know if what you're saying is really going to be heard. This leads to many a scenario where I get a response of 'I CAN'T HEAR YOU!', because our little one drowns my voice out.

Due to the latency it's not always possible to know that the baby has started bawling, while you're talking.

So I'd like to know if it were possible to have the 'Press to talk' only dampen the sound, instead of completely muting it. If that would be problematic, maybe an option to toggle it?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team
    Answer ✓

Hi @AllenCCopelandJr,

Thanks for posting your feedback about this on the community. Unfortunately, the 2-Way Audio feature will only mute the audio completely. But I'll pass along your feature request to our product team as a feature request for the Nanit app!

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team
    Answer ✓

Hi @AllenCCopelandJr,

Thanks for posting your feedback about this on the community. Unfortunately, the 2-Way Audio feature will only mute the audio completely. But I'll pass along your feature request to our product team as a feature request for the Nanit app!

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.