Why is it so slow to replay the motion detection?

Does anyone know a fix for the motion detection being so slow to playback? We haven’t got our little one here yet but have set the camera up in advance, and just think how fit for purpose is a safety baby camera when you have to wait minutes to replay the actual motion detected?!

Between that and the fact you have to have the camera long ways on the crib, which we can’t do due to the nursery set up, I fear the Nanit Pro is my worst baby purchase 🤦🏻‍♀️

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team
    edited February 22

Hi @Darcypedro,

Thanks for posting on our community board! How long does it take for the motion detection to playback? It should take under five minutes for the motion detection to playback.

You might also want to check your network connectivity, which you can read here to learn how to improve: How do I improve my Nanit's connection?

Let me know if you have any further questions!

• Darcypedro
    Darcypedro Member
    edited February 22

Hi there,

It’s taking a good few minutes, probably no longer than 5 but I’m surprised that under 5 minutes is deemed ok? I would really have expected this to be much quicker for a camera that’s supposedly so high tech, similar to a doorbell camera etc? My internet connection is very high speed so that isn’t the issue.

Thanks

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team
    edited February 24

@Darcypedro,

Because the videos are sent from your Nanit to our servers and back to your device, it can take a few minutes to process the video. 

If you haven't already tried this - I know that some of our users head first to the live stream when a motion/sound notification pops up to see what's currently happening with baby, while waiting for the playback to process. 

With all of that being said, we do appreciate your feedback about the time difference between the notification and video processing and will share it with our team to consider as we continue to make improvements to our product and app!