App Feedback: I like the event dots added to video history.

Thanks for adding the event dots and labels to video history in iOS v3.5, they are very helpful.

I do have some dots without labels. Is that on purpose? It looks like they may be movement or noise events from spot checking a few of them.

A few small suggestions if you don't mind.

First, it would be nice if the UI gently "snapped" to a dot as you pass by it and gave a little haptic feedback. I found myself kind of hunting for the dot a bit at first. If it snapped and gave my fingertip a little bump, I'd know I found it.

Second, a filter that allows you to reduce the timeline down to "baby in crib" or certain events would be nice to reduce the amount of scrolling.

Third, some "Next Event" and "Previous Event" buttons to quickly move between events would be great.

Thanks for the addition. 👍️

Comments

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hey @Brian - glad you are liking the addition to Video History! I've shared your requests with our team to review as they continue working on improvements to the new feature - I think they're all great suggestions.

As for your question about dots without labels - can you send a few screenshots of where you are seeing those so we can take a closer look? You can post them on this thread or DM them to me - thanks!

• Brian
    Brian Member

Sure it looks like this.

• NanitMackenzie

@Brian - thanks for sharing that picture. You are correct, the dots without labels are sound and motion events, whereas the dots with labels are Insights. In this image specifically, our algorithm detected baby waking up and being taken out of bed, with two sound or motion events in between! Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Brian
    Brian Member

No questions, but I’d consider labeling them appropriately or have a legend in the UI explaining the different dot colors. It would inform the user so can swipe by them if uninterested in those event types 🍻

• NanitMackenzie

@Brian - will pass this along as well! Thank you again for sharing, it's always great to hear this type of feedback as we continue to evolve our features.