Nanit Newbie

Hey all! We just got our Nanit and haven’t even cracked the box open yet. I love this monitor for when my baby is young but Im confused as to how practical it will be as my son ages. When he starts to stand in the crib how will he not mess with it? Am I missing something? Thanks!

Answers

• Natalie_Barnett_PhD
    Natalie_Barnett_PhD Member, Nanit Team, Expert

Great question @ctyhrn ! Our engineers and product developers spent a lot of time designing the camera so that even a 2 year old in the 99th percentile for height will not be able to reach the camera itself. Your little one may play with the stand but if you have a floorstand model, we include a u-clip so that you can fasten it to the wall so that kids are not able to grab it and pull it over. If you have the wallmount version, the cord covers have been specifically designed so that they cannot be tampered with by curious little fingers!

For the most part, older kids ignore the camera the same way they ignore the crib bars or sheets on their bed - its just part of the furniture and nothing very interesting!