Breathing band issues?

As a FTM with terrible PPA I am very disappointed in the breathing band as it has given false alarms multiple times- after the first time it went off I am not sleeping at night because I am so terrified that my baby is not okay. Has anyone else had issues with the breathing band? What do you suggest? I am so upset that I spent money on this cam/band to give me peace of mind and has only made my anxiety a million times worse.

Answers

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Ahendricks, I'm sorry that you have experienced a few false alarms. We know receiving a red alert can be very stressful. Nanit will trigger a red alert when the camera is unable to detect the breathing motion. If your baby is very young, we suggest bringing the camera a little closer to help avoid red alerts. You can do this by safely raising the mattress or using the Multi-Stand. You can check out this article for more tips on ensuring proper Breathing Motion Monitoring.

Additionally, I encourage you to report false red alerts via the Nanit app so our team can take a closer look and work with you to determine what exactly is causing this to occur. Please reach out with any other questions!