Does the Nanit Pro camera upgrade come with another year of insights?

Our daughter was born in February however we bought our Nanit last October and of course being to ambitious we decided to plug it in and set it up in October instead of waiting until she was born so now we are out of Insights but was hoping to use for her first year. I'm not quite sure I see enough reasons to spend $150 to upgrade just for a slightly clearer picture if it doesn't what are all your thoughts on the upgrade?

Best Answer

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team
    Accepted Answer

@jaredkaeb If you upgrade your plus to a pro - your pro upgrade will come with another year of insights. please note that we did update our insight subscription plans and you can see the details of the plans here.

@bpezzuti happy to hear you are loving the breathing options!

Answers

• We actually did the same thing for our June 2020 baby. I plugged everything in and set it up in May not knowing it would start. So we paid $100 for another year of Insights with the Nanit Subscription because we still use the breathing band and love the breathing options. I got a email to upgrade our camera to the Pro for $150, and we may do that because that's a good price for another camera and we are hoping for a 2nd baby soon. Otherwise we are perfectly happy with the camera we have now! Good luck!

• Ok awesome thanks so much we will for sure upgrade if it comes with a year of insights thanks again!

• @Melanie Say my Nanit Plus Insights subscription ends in Jan 2022, does upgrading to Nanit Pro extend the existing Nanit Insights subscription to Jan 2023, or 1 year after the Nanit Pro has been activated (Nov 2022)?

• If you get the upgade can you still use the other older camera? For example, I was wanting to use the Pro as a stationary camera and use the older camera for traveling or in a separate room.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Aaron Yes you can still use your older camera if you upgrade! Many parents love using another nanit for travel or as a nanny cam/in a separate room!

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@haykwan I sent this over to our support team so they can look at your exact subscription settings and give you the correct answer! They'll be in touch via email soon.

• KEC
    KEC Member

I’m curious about the answer for Nanit insights as well. My subscription just renewed at the end of October and I just purchased the upgrade camera for baby number 2 due in February. It is my understanding I have to set up the upgrade camera in my daughters room and use the older camera for new baby in our room. How would insights work in that case if it is connected to the older camera?!

• Hi @Melanie

i would like to know this as well. My current subscription expires June 2022. If I upgrade to the new cameras, is it applied to the new cameras? Or do I get a refund for the remaining 6 months?

thanks,

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@KEC and @Highchair

If you move forward with a pro camera - there are two options when pairing and setting up your upgraded camera. If you pair your camera as a new camera then you will receive your free year of insights, however, your data from your previous camera will not sync over.

If you pair your camera as a replacement then all of your data (including current insights subscription) will be on the new camera.

I hope this helps!