Multi-Stand - Keeping Steady At A Steep Angle

We use the multi-stand all the time when visiting grandparents, but we find it difficult to keep the it steady and not have it topple over when we have to tilt it at an angle from a tall bookcase near the crib. The bottom of the stand isn't heavy enough to stay weighted down and to allow the camera tilt pointing downwards very far. The cord also adds to the weight/awkwardness. Are there any tricks to keeping it steady and not falling over because it's top heavy? Help!

Comments

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team
    edited May 24

@Jane great question - I am tagging @MarkDriscoll here because I believe he has a few tricks that he can share about traveling with the multi stand. Mark, do you mind sharing here?

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Jane we don't suggest tilting it too far - but the multi-stand can attach to a standard camera tripod so if you don't have a surface or need a better angle we suggest this route so it doesn't topple over!

• JayLynn
    JayLynn Member

We typically use a book (or something like that) to keep it from toppling over.

• Jane
    Jane Member

@Melanie I didn't realize I'd be able to attach it to a camera tripod. That's so smart! I may have to give that a try :)