Receiving notifications after setting motion zone

Is there a way to not receive notifications to my phone for when my child is on within the motion zone that I setup within the app? Atleast 75% of my notifications are from a shadow moving of trees from having the blinds open.

Answers

• Christopher
    Christopher Member, Community Moderator, Nanit Support

Hi @Mario,

Thanks for reaching out about the problem you're having with motion notifications. Our team is aware that motion notifications can be triggered when the light changes within the motion zone. This is because our system looks for pixel changes, thus why you're getting those motion notifications. My recommendation to prevent these false motion notifications would be to turn off the camera when you're not using our system.

-Christopher

• Mario
    Mario Member
    edited August 26

Hi @Christopher

When you say turn off the camera. Do you mean physically unplug the camera? If so, what is the purpose of a motion zone when the camera will send a notification outside of that motion?

• Christopher
    Christopher Member, Community Moderator, Nanit Support

Hi @Mario

There's an option within the Nanit App to turn the camera head off when it's not being used. To access this feature open the Nanit App and select the three dots in the upper right-hand corner. A menu will show up allowing you to turn the camera on or off.

As for motion triggering a motion notification outside of the set motion zone is an issue our team is aware of. We're currently investigating this matter.

-Christopher