How do I get alerts when my baby rolls over?

My baby just mastered the roll over from back to tummy and she gets stuck there breaking her sleep eventually. I would like to be notified when she performs a turn so that I can turn her back.

Wondering how do I do that with Nanit alerts? Thanks.

Answers

• @nerdy_dark_knight Hi! You should be receiving a motion notification for when your baby moves in the crib - so a roll from back to tummy should be triggering that for you. Are you getting a motion notification?

Also - we do have a thread about how to encourage your baby to master the full roll - if that is of interest to you, I've linked it here!

• Oddly enough the motion notifications does not detect my baby rolling over. I have woke up a couple of times shocked that she has flipped over, @Melanie. Is there something i should be doing for nanit to pick up such movements?

• NOH
    NOH Member

Following, as the motion detector on my camera also misses when my baby rolls from her back to her tummy. This is a real concern for me too. Please do pass on what can be done to improve this and pick up such movements. Best wishes.

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi there @NOH and @rexzyn, I would recommend setting the movement alerts for your camera to the highest sensitivity. This means you will get more notifications when your baby stirs. Here's how to increase the sensitivity for movement alerts:

1. Open the Nanit app
    2. Tap the side menu
    3. If you have more than one Nanit camera - Tap the camera you’d like to adjust
    4. Choose your baby’s settings
    5. Tap 'Notifications'
    6. Make sure Motion Alerts are 'on' and slide the sensitivity bar to 'more'

You can read more about notification settings for motion and sound here. Let us know if you have any other questions!

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.