Nanit Couldn't Detect Breathing Wear

Lollypop
Lollypop Member
edited September 22 in Breathing Motion Monitoring

Hi! Wondering if there is a glitch in the system... we've had our Nanit camera on a flex stand looking over our newborn baby's bassinet in our bedroom for the past 7 weeks since she's been born. Its never given us an issue until last night. We kept getting an alert that said "Nanit couldn't detect breathing wear movement in baby's crib". But then within seconds, the alert would correct itself and say "breathing monitoring resumed". This happened at least once every 5 minutes throughout the entire night that our baby was in the bassinet. I tried to do a little research online which said to try resetting the camera or to move the camera closer to the baby, both of which I tried, but continued to get this notification throughout the night. Its also strange because we've had the camera in the same place/at the same angle since she's been born and it was never an issue until now. Which makes me think this may be a system glitch? Wondering if anyone else has been having the same issue in the past day or two! Let me know. The notifications were scaring me a bit as I was then unsure if it was an issue with the way my baby was breathing!

Best Answer

• Lollypop
    Lollypop Member
    Answer ✓

Hi! I contacted nanit support who instructed me to follow the below steps, which worked! If anyone else is having this issue this should do the trick!

1. Power cycle camera.
      1. Remove the Nanit (only the square piece by itself) from the stand for about 3 minutes.
      2. While doing this, please uninstall/reinstall the app on your phone. After 3 minutes, go ahead and reattach the Nanit back on the stand, and let it boot back up.
    2. Log back into the Nanit app and re-pair your Nanit to your network.

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Lollypop,

Thanks for posting here. Be sure that the patterns are not being covered and that it is visible to see through the camera. Read these articles to learn tips on ensuring your Breathing Motion Monitoring is working correctly.

• Hi

over the last few days we are also getting these alerts. Ironically, we’ve just been alerted now as I type this again. Seems to be early hours or early morning it’s happening. Band is visible at all times and not covered by anything.

we also have noticed issues since the update detecting the breathing wear when pressing start. Not new to Nanit, been using without fail 16 months but recently starting to get a few issues.

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hey @CRC1,

Have you tried power cycling your Nanit camera to see if that might help the issue? You can attempt a power cycle by removing the camera from the stand and unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes. Then re-attach the camera back on the stand and let the camera boot back up.

Also, refer to the articles posted above and see if that can possibly resolve the issue you're experiencing.

• Lollypop
    Lollypop Member
    Answer ✓

Hi! I contacted nanit support who instructed me to follow the below steps, which worked! If anyone else is having this issue this should do the trick!

1. Power cycle camera.
      1. Remove the Nanit (only the square piece by itself) from the stand for about 3 minutes.
      2. While doing this, please uninstall/reinstall the app on your phone. After 3 minutes, go ahead and reattach the Nanit back on the stand, and let it boot back up.
    2. Log back into the Nanit app and re-pair your Nanit to your network.