How to get the camera to pick up motion when my son rolls over?

My son started rolling tummy to back while in his crib. I saw another support response telling the user to turn the camera sensitivity for motion notifications to the highest level. I did this and it still didn’t pick up the actual event of rolling even though it sent a lot of alerts for much smaller movement. Any other suggestions?

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Syse0323,

Thanks for posting on the community! You may want to try adjusting your crib positioning and camera placement to be sure you're receiving all notifications. You can read here to learn how to do this here: Crib positioning & camera placement.

If that does not work, try power cycling your camera to see if that helps by removing the camera from the stand and unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes. Then re-attach the camera back on the stand and let it boot back up.

While the camera is power cycling, try to uninstall the Nanit app, reboot your phone device, and reinstall the app.

• Hello,

I have this issue to. I have done all of these suggestions and still I get notifications for some little movements but not for rolling over ever.

Is there a way to get notifications for when they wake up as well? I have also noticed if I'm in the app, I don't get any notifications, can I change that as well?