Listening to audio from other apps while using Nanit Android App 3.5.11.0

MaggieCats
MaggieCats Member
edited September 13 in Camera & App

Hi, everyone, looking for some help with sound in the Nanit App!

I like to keep an eye on baby via the Nanit app while I listen to podcasts. I would just mute the audio in the Nanit app and could listen to the audio from my podcast app while watching the live Nanit stream. However, for the last week or so, I am unable to use any audio while the Nanit app is open except for the crib sounds. It used to be that I would:

1. Open the Nanit app
  2. Mute the audio
  3. Toggle to my podcast app (Google Podcasts) and start a podcast
  4. Toggle back to the Nanit app and hear the podcast audio while I watch baby on the monitor.

Does anybody have any idea why I am unable to hear other audio while I have the Nanit app open? I have a Nanit Plus, App version 3.5.11.0, and I am using a Samsung Galaxy S21. Like I said, I was able to do this no problem until about a week ago. Maybe there was an update?

Thanks for any advice or support!

Tagged:

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hey @MaggieCats,

Thanks for posting on our community and letting us know. It seems like my Google Pixel 3 is experiencing this as well when using the Apple Music app or YouTube app and going to the Nanit app. I'm confirming with the product team about this and will update this thread when I hear back!

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

@MaggieCats,

Giving heads up that our internal team was able to reproduce this issue and identified it as a bug. We'll update this thread when we hear any new updates on when this will be fixed. Thanks again for reporting this issue to us!

• @NanitJessica, thanks so much for the response! This already makes me feel better; at least it's not a user error or "just me" issue. I look forward to hearing of a fix. 👍