False Alert

Hello,

We’ve had the Nanit for almost 6 months. Tonight we got our first alert. It just says “sound detected” on the video description. I’m not even sure there was no breathing detected, or it was a system glitch because it doesn’t say “Red Alert” or anything specific. I reported it as false, and I hope to get answers. Very nerve racking.

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Rodriguezfamily,

Thanks for posting here. If you received a notification saying sound detected, you might have audio detection enabled. You can change the sensitivity settings or turn it on/off. Audio/sound detection is different from Red Alert. You can learn more about them here:

• My comment isn’t about sound being detected; it’s about the Nanit setting off an alarm, presumably the Red Alert, but it only saying “sound detected” on activity, so I don’t know if it was in fact a red alert or it was just some random alarm/ system glitch.

• Hello,

The other night, the Nanit set off a loud alarm. I’m not sure if it was a Red Alert because it just shows up on activity as “sound detected, not as Red Alert. But it was definitely a loud alarm set off by Nanit. Glitch, perhaps?

Thank you!

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

@Rodriguezfamily,

Let me have the support team look into that alert further for you since you mentioned that you reported the alert as false. I've created a ticket for you so the support team should be reaching out to you via email as soon as they can!