Always awake

I’m hoping someone higher up can get in touch with me regarding this issues, and also and want to know if others have this problem as well.

I have logged multiple request with support and always get a generic response. For the record I believe I have power cycled the Nanit and Router, reset the Nanit, and removed and reinstalled the app as per instructions.

Honestly I feel the Nanit support response is always very ‘canned’ and they do not read the actual request because they come back with the same answer every time even when you have started the email with ‘please do not come back with the same steps I have already tried.’

OK - here goes. My Nanit camera seems to record long periods of ‘awake’ time incorrectly. Can someone please review the night of the 25th and this image attached and tell me if it can be resolved or not?

are other users getting the same thing? I think switching her to love to dream with arms up may have had something to do with it.

there’s no way she’s awake for those long periods because she’d start crying for sure - she’s 16 weeks old.

Comments

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@SleepRequired Thanks for posting here - and I apologize you haven't been able to get this issue resolved. I have escalated your ticket internally so a senior member of the team can take a closer look at your camera and provide you with the help you are looking for. You will be hearing from us soon!

• Hi! Thank you for this post. My husband and I were just trying to figure out what the nanit actually counts as "awake time." Our son is 7 weeks old and the nanit keeps saying he's had a "fine" night but a ton of awake time. We too, know that our son is not actually awake during all of the "awake" time logged on the nanit. Do you think it logs movement as awake time? Our son was in the love to dream last night (we were just trying it) and he wiggled his arms a ton. I'm wondering if that is why the camera/app thought he was awake so much?

We're going to put him back in a Halo sleep swaddle sack tonight and see if that changes anything. Do you know what counts as "awake time?"

• We have the same problem with long stretches of “awake time” recorded throughout the night. Had the same experience with customer service responses. I actually started a thread on it here because I was so frustrated with constantly having a “fine” night after what I thought were pretty great ones because of the low time asleep and sleep efficiency scores. I can’t figure out if I’m they’re just counting any movement as awake time or why it’s happening. I found some responses helpful, mainly that when they’re this little the insights just don’t seem super accurate but you’ll recognize more of a benefit as they get a few months older. Ours is only 8 weeks old so we’ll see if this is the case.

If you get a better response from support, please post back here!

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Jessicary29 The sleep efficiency score is calculated by dividing the time asleep in the crib by the total time from bedtime to wake-up time. When your baby is very little, a lot of sleep can happen outside the crib which might not end up being counted in the sleep efficiency score. As your baby gets older and spends more time in the crib, the sleep efficiency score will start to improve.

I am going to check with a member of our research and product team about how movement in logged - and I will report back with the information!

• abhap
    abhap Member
    edited August 8

I have the same issue. My boy sleeps from 7 to 7 which to me seems great. 12 hours with no wakeup but when I look at the sleep efficiency it shows he's been awake for very long periods through the night. He's actually only moving position and he's eyes are closed and not crying or anything. I think he's doing a great job but then look at the dashboard which shows the opposite and really puts me down. He's 5 months now.

• I’m having the same issues except my son is almost a year and a half. It shows he’s in bed for 10-11 hours but only sleeps about 6 of those hours. This is highly inaccurate. If my son was awake that much and for those periods of times, he would be crying or at the very least “talking.” How do we fix this?

• We have the same issue- it’s accurate sometimes and sometimes it’s like… he’s just kicking in active sleep