App sounds not working correctly

Truthorchoose
Truthorchoose Member
edited August 9 in Camera & App

Hello,

I put my son down for the night and turned on background noise. When I went to sleep I could the background was working fine.

I woke up and it wasn't working. At some point it cut out and just stopped working altogether. I changed no settings on my phone.

There was a notification that my son woke up at 2 am in the app but I couldn't hear the background noise.

Why is it cutting out? I feel like I can't rely on the camera for overnight.

Tagged:

Answers

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Truthorchoose - sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your background noise. If you haven't already, you can try the following steps which will often resolve issues with the app and camera:

1. Perform a basic power cycle of your Nanit camera - remove the camera from the stand and unplug it from the wall for about five minutes, and then re-attach the camera back on the stand and let it boot back up
    2. While it is power cycling, please also uninstall/reinstall the app on your phone
    3. Conduct a power cycle of your router as well

Once your Nanit and app are up and running again, please navigate to your camera "sound" settings and ensure that "nursery audio" is turned on.

If you notice this happen again, let us know and we can open up a support ticket with our team to investigate further!

• It still happens. Unfortunately

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Truthorchoose - just submitted a ticket for you, a member of our support team will reach out soon!

• Same issue here! Tried all the above troubleshooting suggestions.

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @lewatts,

What phone device are you using? Have you tried uninstalling the Nanit app, rebooting your phone device, and reinstalling the Nanit app to see if that helps?