Why can’t I hear my son when I open up the app.

For the past 2 days now every time I put my son to bed and open up the app on my phone or laptop I can not hear anything that is going on in the room.

Twice he got up and was crying hysterical and I didn’t hear anything from the app. It my husband heard him because he was passing by the room.

I did all the troubleshooting and nothing works. Please help me.

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @ZEV_ZEV22,

Thanks for posting here. You mentioned that you're unable to hear your son when you open the app. Just to be sure, are you mentioning that you're not receiving sound notifications after you put your son to bed? Or do you mean you do not hear any audio from the Nanit app when you play the live stream?

• I do not get any audio when I open the Nanit app to live stream my son

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

@ZEV_ZEV22,

Thanks for clarifying. Be sure that you have your volume on from your phone/mobile device and try force closing the Nanit app to see if that helps. If that doesn't work, try to reboot your phone/mobile device.

If you're still having problems, try power cycling your Nanit camera by removing the camera from the stand and unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes. Then re-attach the camera back on the stand and let it boot back up. While the camera is power cycling, try to reinstall the app.