📣 View the live stream on your M1 Mac!

NanitJessica
NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team
edited July 22 in Camera & App

Did you know you can view your Nanit live stream on an M1 Mac!? 🤯 

If you have an Apple Computer with an M1 chip, you have the option to download the Nanit App! Check out the list of applicable computers here: Mac computers with Apple Silicon.

To install the Nanit app on your M1 Mac, navigate to and download the Nanit app in the App Store:

1. Following this link here: Nanit on the App Store or type “Nanit” on the search bar from the App Store
  2. Select “iPhone‌ & ‌iPad‌ Apps”
  3. Select “Get” or “Cloud down icon” to download the app
  4. After it finishes installing, you’ll see the Nanit icon app on your dock!

Tips: 

• The features of this app are the same as the iPad version, so you may notice some differences in the app experience if you typically use an Android or iPhone. You can read more about what features are available on the iPad version here: Nanit App on iPad
  • If you minimize the Nanit app on your Mac computer and have background audio on, the nursery audio will still play from your device, meaning you can always have the sound playing from the background.

Let us know if you installed the Nanit app on your M1 Mac computer and share your thoughts below! 👇

Comments

• Burento
    Burento Member

Thank you so much for this! Much appreciated :)

• This no longer works?

I am not able to install it. It simply says that the current version is not compatible. If I download the latest compatible version, the install just fails.

I'm on a MacBook Pro, with the M1 processor, and running macOS Monterey 12.4?

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hey @KennethDK That's odd, I haven't seen this before. I'm on a M1 MacBook with macOS Monterey 12.4 as well. I did a quick test and deleted the Nanit app from my computer, then re-downloaded the most recent version and didn't encounter any issues.

If you haven't already, could you try quitting the App Store, reboot your MacBook Pro, and open the App Store again to try downloading again? Let me know if that works for you. Hopefully we can get you back up and running soon!