Sound suddenly stoped working

Lynne2022
Lynne2022 Member
edited June 8 in Camera & App

Hi! Did anyone else suddenly lose the sound on their Nanit today? I’ve gone through all the troubleshooting steps of unplugging and plugging the camera. Turning it on and off. Turning the sound on and off. But nothing seems to fix it. Anyone have any ideas?

Tagged:

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Lynne2022,

Thanks for posting on the community and letting us know your sound stopped working. We'd like to gather more information from you with your camera(s) not getting any sound:

• Details about what you were specifically experiencing (ex: issues hearing no nursery audio on a live screen, issues with no background audio, etc.).
    • Which camera model(s) are you using (Nanit Plus or Pro)?
    • Have you tried uninstalling the Nanit app, rebooting your phone device, and reinstalling the Nanit app?
  • the sound on my app is not working all the sudden as well. Was working earlier today. Tried turning off phone and turning back on, closing app and reopening, unplugging camera and plugging back in, uninstalling app turning off phone and then turning back on and reinstalling. Frankly having a monitor app not have reliable sound is more then frustrating especially since it’s late at night and now I have been up fussing this this instead of getting my own much needed sleep. Will probably have to move my daughter into the bedroom with me in order to feel comfortable since even if the sound started working I wouldn’t trust that it wouldn’t just break again. This app is go honestly so glitchy it’s a sad that such a nice camera and all the $$ spent and the app just don’t reliable. Not what you want in a baby monitor.

• NanitJessica

Hi @AllieWDavis,

Thanks for reaching out on here. Can you provide more details when you mean the sound on your app is not working such as issues with hearing no nursery audio on a live screen, no background audio, etc.? And thanks for providing all the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.

• Thank you for reaching out. I have lost audio multiple times now on my phone. Losing the background audio randomly so that I cannot hear if my baby is awake and needs something. This is especially an issue at night when the audio is what wakes me up to attend to her. Fussing with the camera itself by detaching it from the stand and reattaching seems to work so far however I cannot know to do this if I am asleep. Audio/sound will be working fine and then randomly it will stop.

• NanitJessica

@AllieWDavis,

Thanks for responding back and providing those details. Try out the following and see if this might help resolve the issue for you: