"Ask Me Anything" about Nanit with Senior Product Manager Tali Gueta!

2»

Comments

• clairem1122
    clairem1122 Member
    edited August 2021

Thanks for clarifying. Just to also check:

• can you access the camera from out and about (e.g if mum goes out for the evening, can I check on my phone and see how she is)?
    • if you don’t recommend the band going over grobags above 1.0 tog, what do you recommend for people in the UK, where most time of the year, babies would be in a 2.5 tog grobag? Is there an alternative for colder nights??
  • Couple things before I can go ahead and buy:

• can you access the camera from out and about (e.g if mum goes out for the evening, can I check on my phone and see how she is)?
    • if you don’t recommend the band going over grobags above 1.0 tog, what do you recommend for people in the UK, where most time of the year, babies would be in a 2.5 tog grobag? Is there an alternative for colder nights??

• Hi ,

I have a Nanit Pro camera and I love it. We love how it functions but we would like to see if any of these features can be added to Nanit app.

1. Add an alert if baby is trying to get out of the crib.

2. Add an alert if they are face down during sleep time or have their face covered.

3. Add an alert if they are crossing and entering a restricted area for example a kitchen( allow us to select the area we don't want the child to enter) in case camera is on multi stand mode ( not on floor stand)

4 Add an alert if baby is crying( some of the rooms are sound proof)

• Really want to place an order but need to know this before I can go ahead please???

• @clairem1122

Yes, you can absolutely access the camera on your mobile device when you are out and about! Parents love this feature about Nanit - because you can always check in on baby.

I talked to our product team, and the reason we recommend only using garments that are not thick is to reduce the risk of false red alerts with the breathing band. It's not the TOG per se rather how thick the garment is. Indeed many times there's a correlation between the TOG and the thickness (hence why we recommended 1.0 tog).

• Tali
    Tali Member

Hi @raghavgrover , thanks for submitting a question!

These are all great suggestions that we would love to be able to add to our system in the future.

#3 is actually something you can do now by adjusting your motion notification settings.

Open your Nanit app and go to menu -> baby settings -> notifications -> make sure motion notifications are turned on -> tap "Set motion area" and adjust the square to the area in which you want to get notifications for.

Hope this helps!

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.