How many people can use the app to see the baby?

2»

Answers

• BFid
    BFid Member

We’re traveling and just realized this change happened. I had a third team member added but couldn’t add a fourth (the grandparent currently caring for our child while we’re away). I thought that was strange but I removed the third to make space for the grandparent. Still couldn’t add them and now I can’t even add back the person I just removed! So so mad!!!!

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @BFid,

Thanks for posting on the community. This will depend on what subscription you have, which you can see below:

• Nanit Insights Basic - Up to 2 users
      • Every Nanit Camera includes one year of Nanit Insights Basic.
    • Nanit Insights Premium - Up to 10 users
    • Nanit Insights Unlimited - Up to 50 users

You can read more about the benefits of each subscription here: Nanit Insights.

• BrendanJ
    BrendanJ Member

Yes, this really seems unreasonable for the cost of the camera and app. Many families have more than 2 primary caregivers and the competitors appear to offer 4 users on their basic plan. I really like our Nanit, but now that we've just started with a nanny it was a crappy surprise to see that we would have to pay to have the nanny use the monitor (she doesn't need any of the bells/whistles, just basic use). I would strongly recommend Nanit consider adding basic camera use for more users as part of the basic plan. This downside will be something I mention to other potential buyers.

• PAPATD
    PAPATD Member

The number of allowed users is now down to 2 and I need to pay to add the grandparents? This is an absolute disgrace. I just ordered a 2nd nanit cam for my 2nd kid and am 100% returning it. You guys should be ashamed.

• u_d
    u_d Member

4 people minimum should be included at the basic level. I can't recommend this camera without that.

• This has changed since we first bought our device and was never mentioned. Ridiculous that you either have to give out your password or pay just to add a baby sitter or grandparent. Yes sure you get the extra insights, but really not interested in that!

This feels like the money grab of a company who's business plan isn't working out or just becoming greedy. Either way no way I can recommend the products anymore.

• Wow, what a scam. I am going to make sure all of my new parent friends know not to buy a Nanit.