Red lights come on when plugged in but reset button not working and does nothing

Answers

• Jwood
    Jwood Member

I am having the same issues. I have tried resetting everything and it is not working. Does not light up at all when I press the reset button.

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hey @Jwood,

Try the following steps to see if this may resolve your issue:

1. Perform a basic power cycle of your Nanit camera - remove the Nanit from the stand and unplug it from the wall for about five minutes, and then re-attach the Nanit back on the stand and let it boot back up
    2. While the camera is power cycling, please also uninstall/reinstall the app on your phone
    3. Perform a hard reset of your Nanit camera: How do I reset my Nanit camera?
  • Jwood
    Jwood Member

I performed all of those steps and it is not working. When I press the hard reset button it does not even light up like it should according to the instructions you linked.

• NanitJessica

@Jwood,

Thanks for trying out those steps. I've created a ticket for you so the support team can look into this further for you. They will reach out to you after they review your ticket.

• Bponeil08
    Bponeil08 Member

I have the same issue. I tried all the things Nanit suggested on their website. I reached out to technical support and they gave me the run around for a couple days (even asking for my shipping address) only to tell me that it is out of warranty and there is nothing they can do. If you search the internet, this is a common problem, and if you are out of warranty, it is your problem apparently.

• NanitJessica

Hi @Bponeil08,

Thanks for posting on the community. The camera has a one-year warranty so if your camera is outside of the warranty period, the support team will be unable to replace the camera.

However, I've escalated your ticket to the support team so they can review your ticket again and see if there are other options they can provide to you.

• RuBENDMORA1
    RuBENDMORA1 Member
    edited May 19

Ya intente todo ... solo funciono un par de semanas , despues de actualizarse dejo de funcionar , no se puede resetear y ya no funciona aun siguiendo todos los pasos que indican en la pagina oficial

-----

EDIT/UPDATE (5/19): Translated from Google (edited by @NanitJessica)

"I already tried everything ... it only worked for a couple of weeks, after updating it stopped working, it can't be reset and it doesn't work anymore even following all the steps indicated on the official page"

• NanitJessica

Hi @RuBENDMORA1,

Thanks for posting on the community. I want to let you know that I edited your post to show the translation of your post.

Could you let us know what issue you're exactly happening on your camera? When you say it stopped working and cannot be reset because it doesn't work, are you not seeing the camera turn on when plugged in? Have you tried plugging your camera onto a different power outlet to see if you hear a click from your camera?

• soross
    soross Member

I am also having this exact same issue as Cruzercup. I have tried a hard reset per the instructions above including resetting my router and deleting and reinstalling the app, but the night light on my Nanit does not flash and I am unable to pair my Nanit. The infrared lights flash and I can hear a clicking but the night light doesn’t flash. Could someone from customer service please contact me to fix this issue? Thank you!

• NanitJessica

Hi @soross,

Thanks for posting on the community and trying out some troubleshooting steps as well to resolve your issue. I've created a ticket for you so the support team can assist you further. You should hear back from them through your ticket via email after they review the issue you're experiencing.

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.