What’s the best way to bond with your baby?
The short answer: there’s no best way!
I’d love to hear from you - how do you bond with your little one? What works for your family and what's been challenging?
These are some moments we enjoy:
- Time spent feeding (both bottle and breast)
- Physical contact - skin-to-skin contact is great, as well as massage (here are some baby massage tips if you aren’t familiar!)
- Stimulating your baby’s hearing, touch, and other senses (PS - did you know that newborns are generally nearsighted!!)
- Reading to your baby or singing can encourage bonding and help your baby as they begin to develop their language skills.
- Playtime - this will look really different if they’re a newborn, 1-3 months, 4-7 months, 8-12 months, or 1-2 years.