What’s the best way to bond with your baby?

NanitMackenzie
NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team
edited April 13 in Growth & Milestones

The short answer: there’s no best way! 

I’d love to hear from you - how do you bond with your little one? What works for your family and what's been challenging? 

These are some moments we enjoy:

• Time spent feeding (both bottle and breast)
  • Physical contact - skin-to-skin contact is great, as well as massage (here are some baby massage tips if you aren’t familiar!)
  • Stimulating your baby’s hearing, touch, and other senses (PS - did you know that newborns are generally nearsighted!!)
  • Reading to your baby or singing can encourage bonding and help your baby as they begin to develop their language skills. 
  • Playtime - this will look really different if they’re a newborn, 1-3 months, 4-7 months, 8-12 months, or 1-2 years.

Comments

• Our son is 8 months old and my wife and I took him to the aquarium as we noticed his curiosity although already high, had increased exponentially. We took our time navigating, explaining, and showing the different animals and fish the aquarium had to offer and he absolutely loved it.

• NanitMackenzie

@PapaDez96 - what a fun outing! Thank you for sharing ☺️

• We went to the aquarium too and even though she’s only 4 months you could tell she was excited by all the visuals. Also might have over stimulated her quite a bit because it was quite the crash afterwards.

Additionally, I would just add to the conversation to say the fact that I can work from home allows me to drop in quickly on whatever my daughter is up to. It could be story time or just playing with some box toy the lights up and makes sounds when she grabs it. It’s nice that I can get quick little moments in here or there which I otherwise wouldn’t have been able to previously.

• NanitMackenzie

@BrendanP her eyes are SO WIDE - how cute!