Arms out at one month

Has anyone had success with arms out as early as one month? We have her in a Snoo so we aren’t worried about rolling, but she has never been a fan of having arms swaddled and she fights so hard she gets her arms out of the Velcro anyway. Our pediatrician said to try arms out already.

Comments

• Yes! My baby kept her arms our from day one home from the hospital as a newborn. We would swaddle her and no matter what she’d fight her arms out. She’d sleep just fine with the rest of her body swaddled and her arms up on each side of her head. It was never an issue - I think every baby just is different and has their way of wanting to sleep and be comfortable.

• We have 6 week old twin boys and one of mine is JUST like this. We got an Ollie swaddle. Spendy for sure, but worth it's weight in gold as he can't wriggle out of it. He'd usually fuss in other swaddles too but not the Ollie. He tried to get out for maybe a minute the first time and then never again. Sleeps soundly! Sometimes we let him nap with arms out but during night time always arms in.

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team

Here to also mention the ollie! My two week old switches between the love to dream and the Ollie with arms out. Since she was born and in the hospital she was wiggling her way out of all swaddles to get access to her hands!

• Mcobri2
    Mcobri2 Member

How do you use ollie with breath monitoring?

• my son was in the nicu for 71 days and once he was closer to term they stopped swaddling him and said he shouldn’t be once we got home. So we never did. He was in sleepers and occasionally when he would let us a sleep sack. Now he does well with sleep sacks.

• NanitMelanie
    NanitMelanie Nanit Team

@Mcobri2 if you are using the ollie with arms out then you can use the breathing band over the ollie (and under your baby's arms)!