Red lights come on when plugged in but reset button not working and does nothing

Answers

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @caroline_c, Thanks for sharing the response you received from the support team. I also checked your ticket and the message you received about temperature/humidity was sent in error. I'm sorry that you received that response that was not related with your issue. I've notified the support team about the message you received in error.

The other reset and USB-C troubleshooting steps you tried were all applicable to your hardware issue. Our support team will follow up with more information regarding your camera’s warranty. Thanks for doing all of these steps - I know it can be time-consuming and frustrating! Feel free to reach out to us again if you have any issues.

• Incase anyone is wondering, Nanit has ghosted my support ticket with no resolution. Since my Nanit is over a year old, and NANIT’s update screwed it up, I was told I have to buy a new camera.

This is THEIR issue, you cannot roll out an update and cause cameras to brick and stop working and not give out support

I will be taking my business elsewhere. This is completely unacceptable from a “high end” baby monitor company that claims to be the best on the market.

I can’t even get a reply back from their support team to try to escalate the issue further, therefore I have given up on this company and will not recommend their products to anyone I know.

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Zeads - I'm sorry that you are not satisfied with your support experience. I just checked your ticket and it looks like our team followed up on Friday afternoon to get your shipping information for a replacement camera. Let me know if you're having trouble finding the response and I can have them follow up again!

• @NanitMackenzie i replied back the same day and haven’t hear back since. I figured it’s because your form said it would only replace cameras that are a year or less. Mine is 3 years old and was working fine until the update that caused it to stop working.

• NanitMackenzie

@Zeads -I'm not sure what happened, but it seems like your response on Friday got lost somehow and so it didn't show up on your ticket, sorry about that! Our team reached out again last night just after 6pm ET to collect your information for a replacement. Let me know if you didn't receive an email or unable to reply - you can also PM me in the community if that's preferred. Thank you for your patience in resolving this.

• Rnr
    Rnr Member

this is also happening to me. All the necessary troubleshoot options and now the camera isn’t working in the middle of the night. Please advise asap. Thank you

• er2225
    er2225 Member

My camera was working great yesterday when I set it up. It was accidentally unplugged, and now pressing the wifi button does not cause the night light to flash. I've tried to hard reset to no avail. Using the small pin hole does not produce the flashing lights.

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hey @Rnr,

So sorry we missed your post, are you still having trouble with your camera not working? If so, can you provide more details about your issue and what other troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @er2225,

Welcome to the Nanit Community and and we appreciate you posting about your concern with your camera. And thanks for providing some troubleshooting steps you have done so far. Let us help you further with this.

Have you tried performing a power cycle to your camera:

1. Unplug Nanit’s power adapter from the wall outlet, or carefully disconnect the Nanit camera from the stand.
    2. Wait about five minutes before plugging the power adapter back into the outlet, or reconnecting the Nanit camera.
    3. The Night Light on Nanit camera will blink for a few seconds to let you know it’s reconnecting.
  • rodolfo
    rodolfo Member

We bought the camera two years ago, there is no guarantee. The camera stopped working after its update if you run updates without confirmation they should take care of it, it is the most expensive camera on the market, and it is happening to all users so it makes me think this is on purpose, the forum is full of the same problems . I don't know how consumer defense is handled in the USA, but it's unfortunate that nanit doesn't give an answer for an update that you yourselves sent, next month I'll travel to the USA and I'll see what legal options I have.

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.