Dual camera split screen option?

Answers

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Nannylife9, I wanted to provide some additional information about our cameras and subscription plans. 

With Insights you get access to Nanit’s sleep tracking and analysis, personalized sleep tips and sleep dashboards. Because the data being captured by each camera is unique, the Insights will be specific to each child and the camera that is associated with them.

We do understand that Nanit is a big investment, which is why we offer a free year of our Basic Insights plan with each camera purchase, whether it’s your first camera or you have multiple. Even without an Insights subscription, you'll be able to use Nanit’s camera and access its live stream wherever there’s Internet. You’ll also be able to use Nanit’s nightlight and nature sounds/white noise.

If you have concerns about your camera’s image quality, I’d be happy to connect you with our support team so they can take a look to ensure that your setup and connectivity are creating the optimal monitoring experience.

• NanitMackenzie
    edited January 25

Nanit parents,

First, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here with us in our community.  We are excited about the new features and integrations coming your way in 2022.

We know that some of the biggest enhancement requests from our customers are multi-child monitoring and google home integration.

We also know that the timing when to expect these features is important to you. Our product team plans to deliver multi-child monitoring this calendar year. We are also hoping to release google home integration this year - but should have more information on timing in the next few months.

In the meantime, Nanit will continue to prioritize safety, privacy and security above all other features and these do require a great deal of investment from the team.

• NanitMackenzie
    edited March 15

Hi there @AFBruin, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I hear you and agree that those enhancements would be a great addition to Nanit's capabilities. Multi-child monitoring is one of our biggest enhancement requests from our customers.

I am excited to share that we just announced here that our product team plans to deliver multi-child monitoring this calendar year! In the meantime, I have shared your specific requests regarding this feature with our product team. We will continue to share updates about split screen/multi-child monitoring within the community as more information becomes available. Thank you again!

• NanitMackenzie
    edited February 25

Hi there,

First, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here with us in our community.  We are excited about the new features and integrations coming your way in 2022.

We know that some of the biggest enhancement requests from our customers are multi-child monitoring and google home integration.

We also know that the timing when to expect these features is important to you. Our product team plans to deliver multi-child monitoring this calendar year.  We are also hoping to release google home integration this year - but should have more information on timing in the next few months.

In the meantime, Nanit will continue to prioritize safety, privacy and security above all other features and these do require a great deal of investment from the team.

• Laminblake
    Laminblake Member
    edited February 9

“While I can’t share the company’s roadmap, for obvious reasons”

oh, and what’s the obvious reason? Roadmaps for cloud based services are are a the norm in the 21st century.

a lack of a roadmap shows that you are “shooting from the hip” lacking a define plan. When customers are paying you a subscription, they like to see what’s on the horizon to help justify the cost in the long run.

• We have found Nanit really useful for our toddler and are considering whether to buy a second for our newborn. This thread has been eye opening and is making us reconsider that purchase until there is a dual use option. Although what is important to us is being able to hear both kids at the same time through the same device even if can't see them both.

Can those of you who currently have two cameras describe how it works? I thought on the one device you could have accounts for the two children where you can manually toggle between the two accounts.

Does anyone know if the current set up allows for dual audio playing through one device? I'm less concerned about seeing both of them (happy to switch views for a visual check in) but I do want to be able to hear both of them.

Given that there is already a "background audio on" setting that allows you to hear nanit over other apps can you use that feature to set both children's accounts to background audio then hear both through the same device?

• @HelenX2 We currently have two Nanit cameras that we have been using since our 4.5 and 2.5 year-olds were born. Overall, I’ve been satisfied with the purchases. Split screen / dual monitoring is a definite miss, and hopefully it arrives soon, but honestly it isn’t that hard to use an extra phone (even an old one works) or tablet when monitoring both kids. It’s less important for my older one now, but it’s still nice to be able to check on him.

You’re correct - within the app you can quickly switch between the two kids/cameras, but can only get video or background audio from one at a time. You can’t hear both at the same time as you were describing, unfortunately. Nor is there support for split screen view on an iPad (I just tried…). Hopefully you have a ‘retired’ iPhone or something around - that has been my backup plan. Or very often, each of us (i.e., mom and dad) have one kid on each phone.

Hope that helps!

• @HelenX2

unfortunately you can only hear background audio for whichever camera you have toggled open. You can set up sound notifications so that you get an alert if the other camera detects sound, but I’ve found this not very accurate and, depending on your situation, may not work for your family. My now 2 year old had a seizure when she was 1, so I want to be able to hear both kids at the same time. Not just what Nanit picks up as “sound.” It really seems like it should be an extremely easy update, so I’m honestly thinking Nanit isn’t going to ever offer this feature. You can use two devices so you can hear both kids at the same time, but that totally defeats the purpose and is extremely inconvenient to carry around two devices all day/night. Especially if you have someone else watching your kids — then what? We don’t use the monitoring function, but I am also wondering if the FDA will come after Nanit as they did Owlet (since the monitoring hasn’t been cleared as an FDA approved medical device).

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Emhilly - Thank you for sharing some information on your experience with using Nanit for multiple children! I have shared your feedback with our product team, and I also wanted to follow up on two comments you mentioned.

First - I can assure you that we are planning to offer support for multiple children (also referred to in some instances as "split screen"). As I mentioned earlier in this thread, our product team is already working on multi-child monitoring and plans to deliver it this calendar year. We have received a lot of requests for this feature and what it should include, and our team is taking the time to make sure that we deliver the best possible experience when we do roll it out.

Second - I wanted to share some more information about our Nanit Breathing Wear line that you mentioned at the end of your comment. Our Breathing Wear is a line of baby clothing designed with a unique silk-screened pattern that enables the Nanit camera to see a baby’s Breathing Motion. The Nanit camera only tracks the movement of the pattern on the breathing wear while on the baby, and will alert parents and caregivers if no Breathing Motion is detected via their app or on the camera itself. Breathing Wear products are made of 100% cotton, and contain no electronics, wires, or sensors. Nanit is not a medical device. Nanit is a connected product designed and intended to continuously learn from the data it collects to help parents understand their baby’s well-being. It is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or other condition, including but not limited to, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Nanit should not substitute for the care and oversight of an adult or consultation with medical professionals.

Thank you, again for sharing your feedback, and please let me know if you have any other questions!

• @amireitan Any update on this feature?? It seems that nanit is more concerned with new products and gaining new customers than keeping their current customers happy. The split screen feature seems like a bare minimum in a too if the line monitor. Can we have an update please?

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.