Red lights come on when plugged in but reset button not working and does nothing

Answers

• I started having this problem a few weeks ago then it suddenly worked only to stop a few nights ago. Support says there is a start up malfunction and there is nothing they can do since my one year is up. The camera turns off 5 seconds after I plug it in and is completely useless.

Will be sure to advise my friends against this camera what a waste of money.

• I am having this exact issue, which started 1/10/2022. I followed the steps for the reset discussed here and it did not work. Frustrating, as we just upgraded to Nanit Insights. Is there someone from Support that can continue troubleshooting?

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi there @StevenS, I'm sorry that you are having trouble with your Nanit, and thank you for trying the troubleshooting steps. I will have a member of our support team reach out to you directly! We will be in touch soon.

• Rc04
    Rc04 Member

Hi!

We are having the same issue with our Nanit. I also went through the trouble shooting steps out lined above including:

• unplugging and rebooting
    • router reset
    • hard reset

anything else I can do besides buy a new one?

Thank you!

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Rc04 - thank you for outlining the steps you have already tried. It looks like you were in touch with our support team this afternoon and able to find a resolution. Please don't hesitate to reach out to the community if you have other questions!

• Having the same problem. Troubleshooting isn’t working. The light doesn’t flash when you hit the WiFi button. Please advise.

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @2mrsrichardsons - it looks like you were able to connect with our support team about your issue with your camera. They will be able to help you find a resolution, but please reach out on the community if you have any other questions!

• I am having the same issue as everyone else, nothing happens when I try to pair the wifi. I have tried all of the troubleshooting ideas listed above to no avail. It was working perfectly on 1/30 buy has not worked at all since.

• Hi @Mackenzie,

Our Nanit started acting up today as well, similar to the issue folks have mentioned above. The camera wasn't connecting, so we did the normal "unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in" as that usually fixes it, but sadly it did not.

As of today, the camera wouldn't show up in the Nanit app. We pressed the reset button and we did see the flashing night light for pairing with our phone, but after entering the Wi-Fi information, it wouldn't connect and showed Error 406 each time we tried. Although everything else on our network is working properly—we restarted our network and double-checked the password. We even created a new wireless network with a new password just to try it. We uninstalled and reinstalled the app on two different phones and both had the same issue.

Would it be possible to have this escalated to the support team? Thanks!

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @penjengw and @evanoliver, I'm sorry that you are having trouble with your Nanit, and thank you for doing a number of initial troubleshooting steps. Since those were unsuccessful, I will have a member of our support team reach out to you directly! We will be in touch soon.

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.