📣 New Feature! Auto-Detect Breathing Wear

NanitJessica
NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Did you hear about our new feature? You will notice in the next week or two a new update on how to start your Breathing Motion Monitoring session! 😄

Now when you tap the lungs icon in the Nanit app to start a Breathing Motion Monitoring session, it will automatically initialize the monitoring session without leaving the live screen. No more need to position the circle and tap “Start” to begin your session! 🙌

If for some reason the Breathing Wear is not automatically detected, you will be given the option to mark it manually.

Tip: To check where the system is monitoring, you can tap the lungs icon again once your session has started. A green circle will appear and will represent the location of the system tracking.

Any questions about the new feature? Share below! 👇️

----

Update 4/13:

We have temporarily rolled back the new feature for both Android and iOS devices while we investigate a non-related bug.

The feature will be back on iOS devices by Sunday and we plan to roll out the feature again to Android devices early next week once we have implemented a fix for the bug.

----

Update 4/19:

The bug has been fixed on iOS devices and the feature is now back available. Please be sure to update the latest Nanit iOS app to enable this feature.

We still plan to roll out the feature to Android devices next week at the latest. We'll be sure to update the community when this will feature will be available!

---

Update 4/29:

The bug has been fixed on Android devices and the feature is now available! Be sure to update the latest Nanit Android app to enable this feature. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Comments

• Does this mean it will automatically track my Son when he rolls from 1 side of the crib to the other? Because I woke up in straight panic mode seeing that he had rolled to his stomach and was face down in the corner while my app "stopped monitoring" because he moved out of the circle area. I had no idea how long he had been like that and luckily he was still breathing because I wouldn't have been notified if he wasn't!

• NanitJessica

Hi @c_alise11,

Thanks for sharing your question. This new update will not change what is tracked during a breathing motion monitoring session; the only change is to the process for starting a breathing motion monitoring session. With the update, all you’ll have to do to start a session now is tap the lungs icon on your live screen. Your camera will automatically detect your baby’s Breathing Wear and will start the Breathing Monitoring session.

Once the session has started, the Breathing Wear pattern will be tracked to monitor your child's breathing motion as long as there is a clear line of sight between the camera and the Breathing Wear pattern on your baby. You can read more here to learn how to ensure proper Breathing Motion: How can I ensure proper Breathing Motion Monitoring?

If you have further questions, we'd be happy to review your crib set up to make sure it is set up to allow your Nanit camera to properly monitor your baby’s breathing motion.

• I had this feature for a day … and now it’s gone. Why would that happen?

• NanitJessica

Hi @lavenderblonde - There was a non-related bug that required us to roll back the feature for both Android and iOS users while we investigate.

The feature will be back on iOS devices by Sunday and we plan to roll out the feature again to Android devices early next week once we have implemented a fix for the bug. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding!

• sab_175
    sab_175 Member

Is there a way the breathing monitoring is on all the time? My son is wearing the band - I thought the detection would be automatic but I always have to manually click the lungs. This is an extra feature we have to think of when putting the kids down.

Is there a way to make it automatic?

• NanitJessica

Hey @sab_175,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. You will need to tap on the lungs icon for the breathing motion to automatically work. We will share your feedback with the product team to have Breathing Monitoring on all the time when the band is detected.

• sab_175
    sab_175 Member

@NanitJessica yes please do. My husband and I have the app but the grandparents also put down our twin boys for us too. We’d like to track them but if it’s not one of us who puts the monitoring on, then it’s pointless using the nanit. We don’t plan on sharing our account with everyone that helps us which means one of us always needs to be awake overnight. By having the nanit products automatically detected (band, swaddle etc), it just makes it a much smarter use. And if some prefer to manually select it, it can just be a switch saying “automatic detection”

• sab_175
    sab_175 Member

Also @NanitJessica, once breathing is manually active, how long does nanit continue searching for the band once baby is removed from the crib? If I need to rock my son because he can’t sleep, I get notified that the monitoring stops. After how many minutes does the searching last before I have to manually activate it myself?

• NanitJessica

@sab_175,

If a breathing motion monitoring session is active and the baby is removed from the crib, the session will remain active, looking for the breathing wear for 10 minutes. If the camera doesn’t locate the breathing wear after 10 minutes, it will stop the session, and a chime will sound to notify the session has been suspended.