Early Morning Wakings

Rids_pat1
Rids_pat1 Member
edited March 13 in Sleep Training

Hi! My son is almost 9 months old and has been doing great with sleep. He was sleep trained at 4 months old and never hit a sleep regression so far. For over a week now, he has been waking up at 5:45am. We wait at least 10 minutes (up to 30) before we respond. We treat it as a night waking and put him right back down after a feed. We can’t seem to figure out why this is happening since he was previously sleeping 7-7 (sometimes even 7:30!). We tried increasing his last wake time to 4hr right before bed (was previously 3.75hr), but to no avail. Suggestions?

Comments

• pandaranda11
    pandaranda11 Member, Super Parent

Regression! Continue doing what you're doing by not changing up the routine and putting him right back down after a feed. If hes not fussing you could even leave him in bed awake till his normal wake time of 7am. Luckily with the nanit i feel comfortable leaving my baby in the crib for prolonged periods, especially during a regression. 9 months is prime time for them to be learning new tricks and wanting to stay awake to practice them (crawling/walking/babbling etc). Your little one is doing great and just becoming more self aware.