Nanit multi stand says “baby is moving” while she isn’t, how do I fix this?

i am losing sleep seeing that my Nanit is registering that my baby is moving while she isn’t because I assume that it interrupts her breathing monitor and won’t alert me accurately if she stops breathing. How do I fix this

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hey @emilyaster,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your concern on our community and would love to help you further. The Nanit app has both sound and movement notifications, as well as Breathing Motion Monitoring alerts.

Movement notifications are triggered any time the Nanit detects movement in your baby's crib area. Generally speaking, as long as a Breathing Motion Monitoring session is active and the camera is able to detect the patterns on the breathing wear, your baby's breathing motion will still be tracked (even if your baby is moving around).

If the Nanit camera does not detect Breathing Motion for 20 seconds, it will sound an alarm called "red alert". Occasionally, false red alerts can occur if there is something obstructing the camera's view like a pattern or the crib's bars. You can learn more about Breathing Motion Monitoring here: Breathing Motion Monitoring - Nanit Support.

I also have some additional questions to ask to make sure I am understanding you correctly:

- When you receive motion notifications, are you referring to movement notifications or breathing motion monitoring red alerts?

- If you are having a high number of movement notifications - have you tried adjusting the motion detection sensitivity by going to your baby's "Settings" > "Notifications" and adjust the slider to "Less" sensitivity? You can read more about how to update your settings here: Customizing Notification Settings.

Please also provide any other troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far so we can best help you. I look forward to hearing from you!

• I have tried adjusting the settings, the first week with the system I experienced no issues whatsoever. Nothing (until recently adjusting the settings) has been changed, but my system sends multiple false red alerts when hooked up on the talk stand above the crib and doesn’t recognize my baby’s breathing pattern when hooked up to the multi cam stand. I’m very distraught due to lack of sleep because I can not rely on the monitor system that I spent hundred of dollars on as we have purchased ALL of the equipment and a two year subscription.

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

@emilyaster,

Thanks for getting back to me and trying out the troubleshooting steps I provided above. I've created a case for you so the support team can further assist you. They will be reaching out to you as soon as they can to help identify the issue for you.