Red Alert HELP

Lily
Lily Member

Hi

We’ve just received our first Red Alert on our 7 month old which has left me anxious to go back to sleep! I’ve read on another post if I report it as False Alert I can be provided further feedback. Please can you advise what information I will get and how it will be sent as I would like to see this information. I’ve tried to watch the video back but cannot see anything specific. Would love to know what her breath rate was at before this alert, and any other information.

I also don’t know what to do now, my baby is back to her normal breathe rates. Do I go back to sleep, do I keep her up, do I call the doctors?!

Many thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Lily,

We appreciate you sharing your concern about Red Alert. When you report a False Red Alert via the Nanit App, our support team will review your case and provide some insight on what may have triggered the false alert (such as a crib sheet pattern picked up by the BMM algorithm).

The Nanit camera and our Breathing Wear products are not a medical device, so if you have any questions relating to the health of your baby, we advise that you contact your medical provider.

• meaghansm
    meaghansm Member

I had a red alert last night but when I click on it to see the video, it says there’s no video available. How do I go about asking the support team for feedback? I’m not seeing the option on the app either.

• meaghansm
    meaghansm Member

Hi there,

Last night the red alert went off for our 3 month old and as you can imagine has caused a lot of concern.

Thankfully he is ok! I’m wondering if this maybe was a false alert. When I click the notification that says that no breathing was detected, it says there’s no video available (so I’m not able to play it back to see). If you look at the motion when my husband approached his crib, he seems to be moving before the alarm goes off so I’m confused.

Additionally, I know you can request feedback from the support team, but I’m given no option for this, nor did I de ding an email about the red alert as I did previously.

I’m wondering if maybe this is contributed to internet issues? But I’d like to look into this further.

• NanitJessica

Hi @meaghansm,

Thanks for posting on the community. You may want to try readjusting your camera placement to be sure it's working correctly and to avoid false red alerts. Try referring to this article to learn more: How can I ensure proper Breathing Motion Monitoring?

• Lily
    Lily Member

Hi @meaghansm

After my daughter’s red alert (which is terrifying isn’t it?!) I readjusted our camera so it sat correctly above her crib, and made sure the settings were correct (i.e. crib position option). I was told ours looked like it was tilted up slightly too much. I then made sure the breathing wear was on a little tighter, even though she was only in a thin vest at the time. I think, to be honest, my daughters breathing became quite shallow so might not have been detected properly.

Since then, thankfully we’ve not had any further red alerts.

Same as you though, when I watched what video I could back my daughter flinched when the alarm went off and stirred when I called her name. ☺️

• meaghansm
    meaghansm Member

Hi @NanitJessica,

Is there a way to request feedback from the support team on the red alert?

It has gone off previously when I left his band with the pattern up and I received an email when the alert went off and marked it as a false alarm from there where the team reviewed.

This time around it didn’t seem to be an option

• NanitJessica

@meaghansm,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you about sending feedback about the false red alert to the support team.