What is your most wanted feature?

Answers

• I would love to see the Nanit cam compatible with Apple HomeKit. It would be a great feature to have when using AppleTV in our living room and see a Picture in Picture pop up of our baby if she begins to cry or is needing tended to instead of on our phones or iPad. This would link everything in our home on one complete system with Apple HomeKit using the HomePod mini’s and Apple TV’s.

• Absolutely HomeKit support, Siri integrations for shortcuts and Picture in Picture support on iOS & TVOS!

• @StephenD I totally agree - we've heard this before, as well as google home. I will keep everyone posted on any updates from our product team on new features!

• Allow for crib position to be set with the camera at the foot/head of crib instead of just along the side of the crib.

• amiroooo
    amiroooo Member
    edited December 2021

1- button to force local feed only, without allowing any video uploads to nanit servers.

2- ability to select the area to record feed of, helps lowering video feed bandwith and have higher resolution instead of low on slower internet / router cnnections.

3- button to prevent the annoying screen fading.

4- browser support or live url/ip feed to be able to watch baby anywhere without needing to run android emulators which cosume atleast 2gb ram to run

• The ability to view my camera using my Google Home screens.

• Picture in Picture please!!

• amireitan
    amireitan Member, Nanit Team

Nanit parents,

Let me first introduce myself, my name is Amir Eitan and I’ve recently joined Nanit as a Chief Product Officer. A great deal of my work is to listen to engaged community members like the ones who posted here and adapt Nanit’s offerings to meet the needs.

While I can’t share the company’s roadmap, for obvious reasons, I want you to be sure that Chromecast support, split screens, and all sorts of integrations are coming your way.

Having said that please note that Nanit will always prioritize safety, privacy and security above all other features and while not apparent to the users often times, these do require a great deal of investment from the team.

Please continue to share your feedback, Nanit’s product team works closely with Melanie and continuously discussing priorities based on your feedback.

Thanks,

Amir

• @Casey and @Benjiman32 You may have seen the update, but wanted to make sure you were aware - we did launch "Video History" which allows you to rewind and rewatch every second of continuous video for up to 7 days (depending on your insights subscription level).

If you currently have Nanit Insights Premium or higher, you have access to this feature within the app. If you have our insights basic you will need to upgrade your subscription to leverage this feature.

I am looking forward to sharing more exciting updates on this thread in the near future!

• A proper Google home integration, an app for Google Nest and an ability to view on a Chromecast. In addition, voice commands would not be too bad.

This thread has been closed. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one.