Night light turned on by itself

Hello,

Tonight my night light turned on full blast by itself then dimmed to off. This is very concerning. I hope my camera has not been hacked.

Answers

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi there @Martin - thank you for posting here, I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble with your night light over the weekend.

It sounds like in this case, the camera may have lost connection which would have caused the night light to illuminate when connection is restored (this applies to the Nanit Plus model). In regards to your question about your camera being hacked, privacy is our #1 concern at Nanit. We only allow our cameras to be connected to a secure network, offer two factor authentication and parenting teams so you never have to share your login or password information. You can read more about our privacy and security here!

It looks like you are using a Nanit Plus - please can you confirm this and share some additional information to help with troubleshooting:

1. Was the night light on or off before it turned on all the way?
    2. Do you know the date and time that it happened (even an approximate timeframe would be helpful)

Let me know, thank you!

• It was off. It happened at 6:32pm.

• This exact thing happened to me tonight as well, like around 8:40pm EST. I asked my family if they did this, but all said no. Weird thing to happen - light turned on full brightness for like 2 seconds, then went back dim/off for me.

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Martin, thank you for sharing more information. I will have a member of our support team reach out to you directly - they should be able to look at the logs to see whether it was a connectivity issue or something else. We will be in touch soon!

• NanitMackenzie

@davidaloca - I'm sorry to hear that you experienced this as well. I've shared your message with our support team as well, they will reach out shortly to help troubleshoot!

• Hi there,

I had the same thing happen as well. Is there a way to tech support to contact me as well?

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Mkday, thanks for reaching out!

It's most likely that the camera lost connection and then regained connection - if you have a Nanit Plus camera, the night light will illuminate when connection is restored. A few additional questions for you so we can better understand what you are experiencing:

1. What type of Nanit camera are you using - a Plus or a Pro?
    2. Did this just happen once, or is it a recurring issue?
    3. Was the night light on or off before it turned on all the way?
    4. Do you know the date and time that it happened (even an approximate timeframe would be helpful)

I look forward to hearing back from you - thank you!