Restricted access based on a certain Time of the day

Answers

• MxA
    MxA Member

ETA or advise if this is something that will take place? We have all other apps providing this service (nest, Schlage).

• We are in agreement this is a security concern for us as we don’t want our caregiver to have access to the nursery 24/7. Please let us know when this feature is available. For the cost the device and fee this feature should be included.

• Ditto, we really need this feature. I was going to purchase the the premium insights subscriptions for the extra users, but don't want to provide 24/7 access. Not sure what to do with the nanny soon to join our family other than buy a second monitor. I do not want to leave my ipad for her, because all of my texts/emails are on there... I would purchase a cheap Android from Amazon, but from what I can tell, the Nanit app won't work on there.

• Would really love this feature too!

• Hi Everyone! Thanks for sharing your feedback on this feature and know that we hear you - our product team is well aware of how impactful this enhancement would be to the Nanit Camera. I hope to have more information to share in terms of what you can expect for new features this year. Once I do - I will be sure to share with you here on the community.

In the meantime, please feel free to share your feature requests and ideas for Nanit! We love to hear them and appreciate you taking the time to share with us.

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team
    edited January 26

Hi @KatieM99 - thank you for sharing your support for this feature, I have passed it along to our team along with everyone else's requests.

I did want to reach out regarding your question about the Nanit app working on an Android - the Nanit app does work with most Android devices. You can read more on this article about the Nanit app, but note that we do recommend a device that supports Android 8+ with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for best performance. If you don't end up purchasing another device, they can download the Nanit app on their own device, where you have the option to remove/add their access based on when they'd need to monitor baby.

With that being said, I know that purchasing another device or remembering to add/remove another user is not ideal, so our team will be sure to update the community with more information on this feature when we have more information!

• This is such a huge pitfall in the product. I’m about to just resell and buy a basic app that has a monitor we can hand off to the nanny during the day. Clearly this hasn’t been prioritized on the product roadmap and it doesn’t sounds like it will be anytime soon.

• Is there an update on this feature? If not I will sell my Nanit and purchase a different monitor, as this is a must for a caretaker. Need to be able to customize settings for time of day.

• Agreed, this is a safety and security feature for parents with any caretaker. This feature should be prioritized. Need an ETA on this otherwise cannot recommend nanit to friends with nannies. I’m having to use a dumb camera as an alternative for now, but will be dumping nanit as we can’t be manually turning this off and on every day for the nanny. Will be telling all the other fellow parents as well it isn’t safe to use nanit with anyone who doesn’t live in the household.

• This a MUST feature and should be prioritized for development in a sprint ASAP!!! It definitely makes me want to consider a different product all together as forgetting to disable a persons access is very inconvenient. I hate that they can listen into my household long after they have left because I forgot to disable their access.