Restricted access based on a certain Time of the day

It would be nice to have the ability to set up restricted for a certain period of time where the user can view the camera and disable access during off periods. Would be helpful if needed to give access to caretakers.

Comments

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@SagarKairamkonda This is great product feedback! I will be sure to pass this along to our product team - please keep the ideas coming!

• Jamie
    Jamie Member

I was thinking this, too! In the interim, what do users do to give their nanny access during daytime hours? Is there a setting on the app? A separate piece of equipment? We just bought the Nanit after not loving the Motorola halo, but the halo at least had a separate monitor. Please help! :)

• Tali
    Tali Member, Nanit Product Team

Hi @Jamie ! There's actually a few options:

1. You can enable/disable access through settings for specific users. You'll need to add your nanny with a separate account, and then set her as a "viewer". Once she's a viewer you'll have an option to enable and disable access manually.
    2. If you have an old phone, iPad or other tablet laying around you can use that as a dedicated monitor screen that she can use only when she's at your home.
  • Having a nanny schedule feature is a must have in my opinion. Turning access on and off every day is completely unreasonable.

• I’m struggling with this too. I have to turn on and off access everyday for my nanny and grandma. It’s most inconvenient. I’ve considered an old school monitor just for this. Adding a feature that allows time settings or even parameter settings for caregivers would be a HUGE improvement for Nanit.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@FitMommyT Thank you for sharing your feedback here! We have heard this request before and we will be sure to note this as we continue to improve the product in the future!

• Hi @Melanie - it’s been a while we requested this feature and other people agree too!! This would be a great feature in addition to what Nanit is providing currently.

• Echoing the requests for time settings for the Viewer profiles!! This would be huge to be able to use for a caretaker.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

It is always helpful to hear how beneficial features would be! Hopefully, I will have more information to share soon on this feature request.

• This is a premium service, please solve this faster. It’s security related issue.

• Jed
    Jed Member

+1 for this feature, it's a necessity especially given the lack of Chromecast or Works with Google/Nest support.

• DEFINITELY need this feature - how hard can it be to roll something like timed access?! Can we get an eta on this?

• Yeah, also echoing this – really want this feature as it's a definite privacy/security issue, particularly for a paid premium service.