Restricted access based on a certain Time of the day

It would be nice to have the ability to set up restricted for a certain period of time where the user can view the camera and disable access during off periods. Would be helpful if needed to give access to caretakers.

Comments

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@SagarKairamkonda This is great product feedback! I will be sure to pass this along to our product team - please keep the ideas coming!

• Jamie
    Jamie Member

I was thinking this, too! In the interim, what do users do to give their nanny access during daytime hours? Is there a setting on the app? A separate piece of equipment? We just bought the Nanit after not loving the Motorola halo, but the halo at least had a separate monitor. Please help! :)

• Tali
    Tali Member, Nanit Product Team

Hi @Jamie ! There's actually a few options:

1. You can enable/disable access through settings for specific users. You'll need to add your nanny with a separate account, and then set her as a "viewer". Once she's a viewer you'll have an option to enable and disable access manually.
    2. If you have an old phone, iPad or other tablet laying around you can use that as a dedicated monitor screen that she can use only when she's at your home.
  • Having a nanny schedule feature is a must have in my opinion. Turning access on and off every day is completely unreasonable.