Incorrect data/sleep time/dashboard

Is anyone else having difficulty with the app recording accurately? From the beginning- Almost every night- we have a ridiculous amount of time being reported as “awake” when our baby isn’t even moving. I try to report the inaccuracies but it’s getting old fast. I have also had a few nights this month that reported “not enough data” and did not record my baby sleeping in his crib after his last feedings. The app appears to be monitoring from our phones/iPad but in the morning has nothing.

..and then tonight I just went to restart monitoring after feeding and it recorded his sleeping as a nap from 7:30-1am? It’s like it has a mind of its own. Just frustrated as I would rather not pay for the subscription if it isn’t going to be accurate. Any suggestions?

Answers

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi there @Sgallagher12 - thank you for posting, and I'm sorry that you are having inaccuracies with your Nanit's reporting.

Generally speaking, the algorithm we use to calculate sleep times learns as you use it, so it will get more accurate over time. Editing your child's sleep data/summary can help the Nanit learn from its mistakes.

However, it sounds like you are experiencing an abnormal number of inaccuracies, so I'm going to escalate your case over to our support team to take a look. We will be in touch soon!

• I have had two nights this week as well that have had “insufficient data”, despite our son being in bed for 12+hours

previous to this, it has been saying our sons sleep efficiency is suddenly at like 50%. I have noticed it says he’s moving at times he is definitely asleep. Very odd.

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Amanda22, it sounds like your Nanit is not working as expected. I am going to have our support team reach out to you directly to take a look at your specific unit and setup to determine what may be causing this. We will be in touch soon!

• This was last nights data… I don’t understand how it can say he was in bed for 11hrs but awake for 5 of them. He wakes on time each night (if at all) These algorithms have not changed since the first day we used the nanit 3 months ago even as I report as many inaccuracies as I can. It continues to say he’s awake for extend periods of time when he is barely moving. It’s very frustrating overall.

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @Sgallagher12, thank you for reporting as much as you have already, I know it can be frustrating when it seems like it isn't making an impact. It sounds like it would be helpful for our support team to take a look at your setup to determine what might be causing these inaccuracies. I will have a member of our team follow up in response to your existing support ticket!