Middle of the night waking counted as daytime summary

I’m new to the Nanit camera and last night was our first time using it. I woke up in the middle of the night (3am) to feed baby, and from there on out til her morning wake up (8am), it counted that time asleep as daytime sleep.

How do i get those hours counted as nighttime sleep?

Answers

• Mackenzie
    Mackenzie Member, Nanit Team

Hi @ciaochao86, thanks for posting your question here! It sounds like you may need to update your Sleep Time settings to reflect when your baby’s night starts and ends. You can review this help article for instructions to make sure that this area is updated properly.

If you've updated those settings and are still having trouble, let me know and we can continue to troubleshoot!

• Cwhit
    Cwhit Member

This is happening to me also. I have to physically change the end times and update the hrs slept. There has to be an easier way. Jen I get up to feed in the middle of the night, from there in out it counts as day time and my sleep/wake times are accurate as well as time zone.

• Mackenzie
    Mackenzie Member, Nanit Team

Hi @Cwhit - thanks for reaching out. Generally speaking, the algorithm we use to calculate sleep times learns as you use it, so it will get more accurate over time. Editing your child's sleep data/summary will help the Nanit learn from its mistakes.

However, if you do not see an improvement or are concerned that the metrics are abnormally inaccurate, feel free to send in some screenshots to our support team showing your sleep summary of nights that you notice are inaccurate as well as a screenshot of your sleep time (open the three-bar icon > go to your camera’s settings > sleep time) and parent pick up zone and motion area (open the three-bar icon > go to your camera’s settings > position crib > screenshot the parent pickup zone > check crib positioning > next > screenshot your movement area) so we can look into what may be causing the inaccuracies. 

Let me know if you'd like me to create a support ticket for you, or you can reach out directly any time (1-866-696-2648, complete the contact us form, or email [email protected])!