Camera clicking noise

Allie8288
Allie8288 Member
edited June 13 in Camera & App

My camera makes a clicking noise anytime anyone views it on the app and it wakes my baby up. I thought it was all nanits until i got one for my newborn and it doesn’t click at all ever. My first one seems defective. Is there a way to fix the clicking noise? It also seems to make it randomly. I’ve already restarted, resynced multiple times to try to fix the noise.

Answers

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Allie8288, usually the clicking noise occurs when the camera switches between day and night mode (when the IR lights turn on and off). I have escalated this over to our support team for them to investigate further!

• Has a solution been developed for this yet? Clicking wakes my baby up and us as well on the app. This is ridiculous for a $300 camera. No reason for a clicking sound for any reason

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @kcin3611, the clicks should happen rarely, only when switching between modes based on the level of light in the room.

If the clicking is happening excessively for you and disturbing your little one, it's likely that the night vision is transitioning at the wrong time. You can try troubleshooting by toggling the night vision option in settings from auto to off, and then back to auto again.

If that step doesn't work, let me know and I can escalate your case up to our support team. They can connect with our engineers who should be able to change the light threshold for your camera so the transitions (and clicks) happens less frequently.

• Exactly the same thing happening with our first Nanit. Clicking every minute or so. As others have mentioned this is ridiculous. I've tried toggling the night mode and it's made no difference.

• NanitMackenzie

Hi @mrshmoo, I'm sorry to hear that you are having the same issue with your IR lights. Thank you for trying to troubleshoot using the steps above. Since that didn't work, I've escalated this to our support team. They will reach out to your shortly with some additional questions for you.

Our engineering team will be able to adjust the light threshold (which determines when your camera will switch from day mode to night mode) to make it less sensitive and hopefully resolve the frequent clicks you are experiencing. We will be in touch soon!

• Hi MacKenzie, I’m having similar issues as others on this thread, it happens when clouds go by and the light changes in the room (which is frequent. Even with a loud noise machine on it’s waking my newborn up, could someone from your team please reach out? I tried toggling the night mode and turning it off but it’s not helping.

• NanitMackenzie

Hey @AaronBaba - it sounds like it may be helpful to change the light threshold of the camera so it's less sensitive and won't switch as frequently. Our engineers can help out with this - I'm going to have someone on our support team reach out to you directly for this!

• Hi Mackenzie,

Our camera is having the same clicking problem. Similarly it seems to happen when the light shifts in the room (clouds moving, etc). I tried toggling night mode from off to auto but it’s still clicking. Has any other solution been found for this?

thx

• Deirdre
    Deirdre Member

Hello - I’m having the same issue as everyone above. I turned night mode off but it still switches frequently and the clicking disturbs my baby’s sleep. Can you help?

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @mkenrick4

We're so sorry for the late response about this. If you're still having this issue, try power cycling your Nanit camera by removing the camera from the stand, unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes, and then re-attaching the camera back on the stand.

Hi @Deirdre,

Have you tried power cycling your Nanit camera to see if that might help by removing the camera from the stand, unplugging it from the wall for about five minutes, and then re-attaching it back on the stand?