Camera clicking noise

My camera makes a clicking noise anytime anyone views it on the app and it wakes my baby up. I thought it was all nanits until i got one for my newborn and it doesn’t click at all ever. My first one seems defective. Is there a way to fix the clicking noise? It also seems to make it randomly. I’ve already restarted, resynced multiple times to try to fix the noise.

Answers

• Mackenzie
    Mackenzie Member, Nanit Team

Hi @Allie8288, usually the clicking noise occurs when the camera switches between day and night mode (when the IR lights turn on and off). I have escalated this over to our support team for them to investigate further!

• Has a solution been developed for this yet? Clicking wakes my baby up and us as well on the app. This is ridiculous for a $300 camera. No reason for a clicking sound for any reason

• Mackenzie
    Mackenzie Member, Nanit Team

Hi @kcin3611, the clicks should happen rarely, only when switching between modes based on the level of light in the room.

If the clicking is happening excessively for you and disturbing your little one, it's likely that the night vision is transitioning at the wrong time. You can try troubleshooting by toggling the night vision option in settings from auto to off, and then back to auto again.

If that step doesn't work, let me know and I can escalate your case up to our support team. They can connect with our engineers who should be able to change the light threshold for your camera so the transitions (and clicks) happens less frequently.