Why doesn’t Nanit have a mini-crib option?

Why doesn’t Nanit have a mini-crib option for both the camera settings and the smart sheet products? Some parents don’t have the space for a full-sized crib especially in big cities. Not being able to adjust to a mini crib means that the camera will pick up on false data & motion. It also means we cannot use the smartsheets.

Answers

• @Journeyofiv This is great feedback for our team! I know how popular and useful mini cribs like nestig are (I actually considered purchasing one myself!).

Let me confirm with our support team about adjusting the pickup/motion zones for a smaller crib - I will post back here with additional details.

• @Journeyofiv Following up - you can make adjustments to the motion/pick up zone to fit the mini crib: here are directions - https://support.nanit.com/hc/en-us/articles/235605728-Crib-positioning-camera-placement

• It still detects the motion at the head and foot of the bed. Also the pickup zone doesn’t go all the way to the edge. I get so many notifications of movement detected because my dog walked by or we did on our way to bed. So unless the adjustments were more flexible it doesn’t work. The areas are only set for a full sized crib.

Also why does it detect movement outside of the crib area when I’ve defined the blue/green box?

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Journeyofiv, it sounds like your Motion Area may be set outside of your crib.

Could you try setting the Motion Area just to the mattress, to see if that will limit the excess movement notifications? You can set the motion area under Baby's settings> Notification settings > Tap Set Motion Area.

If that doesn't work, let us know and I can escalate to our support team for further review of your specific setup!

• Daddy_G
    Daddy_G Member

I have a mini crib as well. I noticed out mobile constantly sets off our motion sensor as well or when people walk by the crib. I’ll try calibrating out motion sensor area.

Also, our smart sheet is way to big for our mini crib. If I modify the sheet to fit our mini crib mattress and all 4 patterns are visible will it still measure our babies length correctly?

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Daddy_G,

The Nanit Smart Sheet comes in one size that fits a standard full-size crib mattress only (27.5 x 52 in / 70 x 132 cm). You must make sure that the four patterns are visible and that the sheet is smooth to make sure the camera is properly measuring your baby's growth. You can read more here: How can I ensure proper measurement with Smart Sheets?